The Chobe Chair by Richard Lowe. A unique design with rounded profiles and curved seat and back formed by leather straps stretched over curved timber bearers to give a most comfortable seat that is pleasing to the eye. Each chair is hand built by a couple of artisans at The African Touch trained by Richard. It is only available in small numbers to order due to the time taken to handcraft each chair.
- The leather straps that form the seat and backrest are integral to the strength and integrity of the chair. They are stretched when wet and as they dry they shrink and bind the chair together with considerable force.
Sizes & weights:
|African Bloodwood||900mm (36”)||480mm (19”)||5.8kg (12.5lbs)|
|Zambezi Teak||900mm (36”)||480mm (19”)||9kg (20lbs)|
- African Bloodwood (Pterocarpus angolensis) aka Kiaat or Mukwa. A light but very strong hardwood that gives a beautiful finish.
- Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga) formerly known as Rhodesian Teak. One of the hardest timbers in the world of exceptional beauty and grain.
- Oil. This brings out the natural grain and texture of the hardwood from which it is constructed.
- Your Chobe Chair will be carefully packed in a double walled cardboard crate, 2 to a crate, padded with air-o-thene foam.
- Packed Sizes:
|1000mm (40”)||520mm (21”)||660 (26.5”)||13kg (28lbs)|
Approximate shipping costs for 2 chairs:
|Australia New Zealand||$300.00|
|North, West East Africa||$300.00|
|Southern Africa||Per destination|
Ordering and delivery: Please click on the ‘Enquire now’ tab below and fill in the form. One of our representatives will get right back to you by phone or e-mail and go through your requirements and arrange a quote. White glove delivery can be arranged in South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe. As each table we make is carefully handcrafted and hand finished to order, please allow four weeks for manufacture, and two to four weeks for delivery from the time of order.
Pricing: Price excludes delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
|United States Dollars||South African Rand|
|Leather weave||$ 250.00||R 3 500.00|