Hemingway Field Bar
R8,330.00 – R12,250.00
The Hemingway Field Bar is named after Ernest Hemingway, American novelist and journalist who loved to Safari in Africa and was fond of a glass or two after a hot day’s hunting or fishing. It is designed in the tradition of British Army campaign furniture to be portable and quick to set up on Safari for sundowners at days end or as a beautiful piece to adorn your home / lodge and impress those guests! Interior divisions provide secure storage for crystal glasses and decanters, while the fold down front is an excellent mixing tray! Solid brass corner blocks and straps protect this fine piece from knocks and bashes.
The Mini Field bar is a smaller version more suited to carrying in Safari vehicles. It comes with a canvas carry bag.
Another very useful addition to the Field Bar is The African Touch Wash Stand, useful not only as a convenient wash stand in your bush camp, but also as an ice bucket to cool your favourite bubbly while romancing in the wilds!
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Oil, Lacquer, and White Liming
- Sizes: Hemmingway and Mini
- Material: Zambezi Teak & African Bloodwood
Size and Weight
|Hemingway Bloodwood||770mm||445mm||460mm||21kg (46lbs)|
|Mini Bloodwood||454mm||445mm||410mm||13kg (29lbs)|
- The Field Bar is wrapped in Air-o-Thene and crated in double thickness cardboard crate. The legs of the Hemingway are securely wrapped and strapped in Air-o-Thene.
- Packed Sizes
|Hemingway||810mm (32”)||485mm (191/2”)||495mm (20”)|
|Hemingway legs||1050mm (42”)||420mm (17”)||75mm (3”)|
|Mini||495mm (20”)||485mm (191/2”)||440mm (171/2”)|
Approximate shipping costs Hemingway Field Bar:
|Australia New Zealand||$550.00|
|North, West East Africa||$550.00|
|Southern Africa||Per destination|
- The box making up the Field Bar is expertly made using through dovetail joints to join the box sides and sliding dovetails to fit the base. These are the strongest joints available for this type of construction. The interior partitions are perfectly fitted using half lap joints to ensure rigidity. The front folding door and top are made with panel-in-frame construction to ensure stability and prevent warping.
- The solid brass corner blocks and straps are imported from the United Kingdom.
- Ordering: Please click on the ‘Add to Cart” button and fill in the form. One of our representatives will get right back to you by phone or e-mail and go through your requirements and arrange a quote.
- Pricing: Price excludes VAT & delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
|United States Dollars||South African Rand|
|Hemingway||$ 760.||R 10 640|
|Mini||$ 515||R 7 200|
|Wash Stand||$ 110.00||R 1 540.00|