R3,500.00 – R3,780.00
The Kalahari Chair is a beautifully hand built chair with leather upholstered seats, designed for comfortable, easy sitting. Seat also available in Nguni hide.
Built from sustainably harvested Zambezi Teak (a.k.a. Rhodesian Teak) or African Bloodwood, this chair is most definitely a keeper and will be treasured as a superb heirloom. It will add a touch of African class to your dining room, at your office desk or in the boardroom of the mightiest multi-national corporation.
Nguni cattle, considered to have the most beautiful hide in the bovine world, were bought to Zimbabwe by the Ndebele people. They play a central role in the culture of the people and each regiment in the Ndebele army had its own particular colour pattern, much as in the armies of their Zulu forebears.
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Oil or Lacquer,
- Covering: Leather or Nguni Hide
- Material: Zambezi Teak or African Bloodwood
Sizes & weights:
|African Bloodwood||900mm (36”)||480mm (19”)||7kg (16lbs)|
|Zambezi Teak||900mm (36”)||480mm (19”)||11kg (24lbs)|
- The components of the Kalahari Chair are carefully hand carved by our best artisans. Each person builds a chair over two days from individual blank parts supplied by the machine shop at The African Touch, carefully cutting the mortice and tenon joints to exact fit and hand shaping each piece to guarantee a superb hand built masterpiece.
- Your Kalahari Chair will be carefully packed in a double walled cardboard crate, 2 to a crate, padded with air-o-thene foam.
- Packed Sizes:
|1000mm (40”)||520mm (21”)||660 (26.5”)||24kg (52lbs)|
Approximate shipping costs:
|Australia New Zealand||$300.00|
|North, West East Africa||$300.00|
|Southern Africa||Per destination|
- Ordering and delivery: White glove delivery can be arranged in South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe. As each table we make is carefully handcrafted and hand finished to order, please allow four weeks for manufacture, and two to four weeks for delivery from the time of order.
- Pricing: Price excludes delivery / freight charges quoted separately.