R9,800.00 – R16,800.00
The Mkushi bed is our standard version of the Mosi-oa-Tunya four poster bed. It boasts the same beautiful high headboard that emphasised the splendid timber from which it is built – Zambezi Teak .
Single or three quarter beds can be built in pairs so they fit perfectly seamlessly for hotel or lodge rooms to form one kingsize bed from twin singles. The Mkushi bed goes very well with our bedside tables, particularly the beautiful Military bedside table. They also compliment an African Touch chest of drawers or trunk.
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Oil and Lacquer
- Sizes: Single, Twin, Twin Long, 3/4, Double, Queen, King and California*
- Material: Zambezi Teak
|· Bed type.||American.||European / Africa||Weight|
|Width. mm||Length. mm||Width. mm||Length. mm|
|Single.||930 (36”)||1920 (75”)||99kg (28lbs)|
|Twin.||980 (38”)||1920 (75”)|
|Twin Long||980 (38”)||2040 (80”)|
|3/4||1090 (42”)||1920 (75”)||115kg (250lbs)|
|Double.||1390 (54”)||1920 (75”)||1390 (54”)||1920 (75”)||134kg (295lbs)|
|Queen.||1540 (60”)||2040 (80”)||1540 (60”)||1920 (75”)||150kg (330lbs)|
|King.||1950 (76”)||2040 (80”)||1850 (72”)||1920 (75”)||162kg (356lbs)|
|California*||1850 (72”)||2140 (84”)|
* = California King Size.
- The Mkushi bed is constructed from that finest of hardwoods – Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga, aka Rhodesian teak). Zambezi Teak is a very dense African hardwood possessed of extraordinary rich golden brown colour and beautifully figured grain, making it one of the most valuable timbers in the world.
- Teak Lacquer. This gives a clear, hard finish that brings out the colour and grain of the timber beautifully. It prevents water marks and is easy to maintain.
- Oil. This gives a more natural finish and texture to the wood.
- Your Mkushi bed will be carefully packed with air-o-thene foam protected by double walled cardboard
Approximate shipping costs:
|Australia New Zealand||$700.00|
|North, West East Africa||$700.00|
- Ordering and delivery: White glove delivery can be arranged in South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe. As each table we make is carefully handcrafted and hand finished to order, please allow four weeks for manufacture, and two to four weeks for delivery from the time of order.
- Ordering wood samples: Should you wish to receive a sample of the wood we use this can be shipped for a fee of USD 20 (R 250), refundable if you purchase a table from us.
- Pricing: Price excludes delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
|Bed size||United States Dollars||South African Rand|
|King||$ 1 200||R 16 800|
|Queen||$ 995||R 13 930|
|Double||$ 950||R 13 300|
|Three quarter||$ 800||R 11 200|
|Single||$ 700||R 9 800|
- Unpack the components from the packaging material. Locate the box containing the bed fittings.
- Screw the threaded bolts into the embedded nuts on each bed post (1 to each post).
- Match up the rails to their position on the bed posts by comparing the stamped letters on the end of the rail with that on the bed post.
- Hold headboard and footboard vertically and slide side rails onto the threaded bolt.
- Secure in place with half-moon washer and nut.
- A drawing will be supplied with the order to demonstrate the assembly process.