Safari Director’s Chair
R630.00 – R3,700.00
The African Touch Safari Director’s Chair is a version of the classic folding camp chair traditionally used on African safaris. We have designed this folding chair with an extra wide self-tightening seat and broad armrest for added comfort.
Safari Director’s chairs fold for convenient storage, and have a wide range of uses. Their superb comfort make them ideal for long evenings spent round the dining table with friends, as a desk chair or a casual chair on the veranda or around the camp fire. They are popular on boats, in restaurants and bush camps!
After years of use, the canvas covers can become worn and possibly torn. Our covers are a standard size so replacement covers can easily be ordered from the factory or agent.
A canvas cover is also available to protect your chairs.
Our Drinks Tray is a great addition to the Safari Director’s Chair. The tray simply clips onto the side of the chair and you pop your glass of good stuff onto it. Alternatively, the beautifully constructed African Touch Folding table can be used as a side table (the 500 x 500 version) or a small bush dining table (the 650 x 500 version). These tables fold away very conveniently when not in use.
- Genuine old fashioned cotton canvas in khaki colour.
- Luxurious pure veg tanned bovine harness leather.
Sizes & weights:
|Zambezi Teak||900mm (36”)||700mm (28”)||10kg (22lbs)|
|African Bloodwood||900mm (36”)||700mm (28”)||6kg (13lbs)|
Material used: 2 African hardwoods are available.
- Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga) formerly known as Rhodesian Teak . One of the hardest timbers in the world of exceptional beauty and grain.
- African Bloodwood (Pterocarpus angolensis) aka Kiaat or Mukwa. A much lighter hardwood than Zambezi Teak , Bloodwood is a fine hardwood that finishes exceptionally well and has a very rich, mixed grain and colour varying from honey brown to deep red brown.
- The standard finish for our folding Safari Director’s chairs is an oil finish, ideal for an outdoor environment.
- Your Safari Director’s Chairs will be carefully packed in a double walled cardboard crate, 4 to a crate, padded with air-o-thene foam.
- Packed Sizes:
|920mm (37”)||560mm (23”)||940mm (38”)||43kg (95lbs)|
Approximate shipping costs (crate of 4 chairs):
|Australia New Zealand||$550.00|
|North, West East Africa||$550.00|
|Southern Africa||Per destination|
Enquiries and orders: please take a little time to fill out the form on the ‘Contact Us’ page and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Safari Director’s chairs are normally available ex -stock, but please allow a couple of weeks for the covers of your choice to be made up.
- Price excludes delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
- The following discounts apply for large orders:
- More than 10 chairs – 10%.
- More than 30 chairs – 15%
|United States Dollars||South African Rand|
|Leather||$ 265.00||R 3 700.00|
|Padded cotton canvas||$ 170.00||R 2 380.00|
|Single cotton canvas||$ 157.50||R 2 200.00|
|Quilted ripstop canvas||$ 150.00||R 2 100.00|
|Single ripstop canvas||$ 140.00||R 1 960.00|
|Drinks Tray||$ 45.00||R 630.00|
|500 x 500 folding table||$ 95.00||R 1 330.00|
|650 x 500 folding table||$ 125.00||R 1 750.00|