SKU: 54764564edxxx-1-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1*Select an option Made to Order
The African Touch Bar Stool is a very attractive option for seating at higher counters, such as pubs, high tables, kitchen counters and the like. It is very comfortable with its curved seat and stable with the splayed legs. We offer it in either old growth hardwood (Eucalyptus saligna) or Zambezi Teak.
For more information on the design and construction of this fine chair, please see ‘Description’ below.
We have had a lot of enquiries for a simple, cost effective, comfortable hardwood Bar Stool, but one built to the high standards of construction and finishing of The African Touch. This is not our original design, but we have perfected it to fit the bill perfectly. We have adapted the design of a kitchen stool to incorporate beautiful expanding tenon joints from the legs through the seat base. The legs are angled and connected with rails that hold the bar chair together with perfect mortice and tenon joints while acting as foot-rails. The seat is first made by laminating carefully selected, flawless narrow strips of hardwood to give the seat base. By laminating the hardwood, we make the whole structure much stronger. It is then handcarved with a spokeshave to give the perfect shape for a comfortable sit.
The Material and finishes
We offer our hardwood bar stool in either old growth plantation hardwood (Eucalyptus saligna) or Zambezi Teak. The eucalyptus option gives a relatively light but still very strong bar chair. It comes standard with an oil finish, but if you prefer lacquer that can certainly be arranged
Uses of the Bar Stool
The African Touch Bar Stool is a very attractive option for seating at higher counters, such as pubs, high tables, kitchen counters (as a kitchen stool) and the like. It is very comfortable with its curved seat and stable with the splayed legs.
The Bar Stool’s stable mate is the Director’s Bar Chair
Maintaining your Bar Stool
Maintaining your Bar Stool
Your oiled African Touch Bar Stool receives three applications of Satinwood 28 Base oil prior to delivery. Our outlets carry stock, or you can find it in most hardware shops in South Africa. We recommend you do one application on installation of the furniture. From time to time you will need to re-apply the oil. If the furniture is used outdoors, please do the re-application every 3 months. When in doubt, re-apply when the finish looks faded or dry. The recommended application procedure is as follows:
- Wipe surface down with a clean cotton cloth lightly moistened with mineral turpentine. (Ensure that all surfaces are completely dry and clean before proceeding with the next step)
- Use a clean cotton cloth or soft bristled brush dipped in the oil and apply in light, short strokes, ensuring thorough and even distribution of the oil.
- Leave the oil on the furniture for at least 1 to 2 hours (but not more than 24 hours), to allow absorption into the wood.
- Use a clean cotton cloth and wipe off all excess liquid to leave a natural smooth finish.
- Allow to dry for approximately 24 hours.
If the surface of your furniture becomes a bit grimy over time it can be very effectively cleaned with Deckwash from Timberlife. Apply with a clean cloth. Work in well over the total surface and wipe off all excess liquid.
If a wet glass or similar is left on the surface it may leave a watermark. In this case please wipe the water off as soon as possible, and if necessary apply some more Satinwood 28 base. If the mark is still slightly visible you can rub with a little baking soda mixed with an equal part of water, wipe off with a damp cloth and re-apply the oil.
For orders of 10 or more bar stools we offer a 10% discount. For large orders including multiple products please contact us for our offer.
Sizes & weights:
|Zambezi Teak||700mm (28”)||430mm (17”)||300mm (12”)||14kg (30lbs)|
|Plantation Hardwood||700mm (28”)||430mm (17”)||300mm (12”)||10kg (22lbs)|
- Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga) formerly known as Rhodesian Teak . One of the hardest timbers in the world of exceptional beauty and grain.
- Saligna (Eucalyptus saligna) is a plantation hardwood sourced in the Eastern Highlands of Zimbabwe where old growth trees (approximately 100 years old and 50 meters tall) are being removed to make way for new plantations.
- Lacquer. For internal use only. Has a clear, hard finish that brings out the colour and grain of the timber beautifully. It prevents water marks and is easy to maintain.
- Oil. Ideal for the indoor or outdoor use. The oil should be re-applied every 6 months to a year.
We cannot offer a warrantee on bar stools except for defects in material and workmanship that affect the integrity of the chair under normal use and weight limits. The reason for this is that chairs can be subject to huge stresses (such as when a heavy person rocks back on the back legs) that are impossible to compensate for in the construction of the chair without compromising on the design appeal.
We build with timber harvested from natural forests. The charm of this material is that no two pieces are exactly the same in colour, character or grain, and they will contain natural imperfections such as knots, stress cracks and so on that enhance their authenticity and attractiveness. As a result no 2 pieces will ever be identical and products may have natural imperfections. However, these will never be allowed to compromise the quality of construction of your piece.
The African Touch will not in any circumstances be liable for any claim which falls outside the scope of our warranty or for any consequential damages whatsoever.