Field Wine Cabinet
SKU: 54764564edxxx-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1*Select an option Made to Order
The Field Wine Cabinet is another product designed in the tradition of Campaign and Safari Furniture. It will make a real impact with guests and be a great talking point! The front door folds down to form a serving table while the cabinet can hold 28 bottles of fine wine. The fold away legs make it most suitable for mobile safaris into the African bush. It makes an excellent addition to the Hemingway Field Bar.
The Field Wine Cabinet is constructed with dovetail joinery to give the box strength and rigidity. Individual solid hardwood boxes house twenty eight individual bottles of wine in the horizontal plane to allow moistening of the cork. This will allow you to keep your wine collection for years, provided the room is cool and humidity neither too high nor too low.
The Field wine cabinet is built from solid Zambezi Teak, formerly known as Rhodesian Teak. This timber has a wonderful deep, rich red brown colour and grain, giving the whole piece an opulent appearance, emphasised by the solid brass fittings used in its production.
The front door folds down to form a serving tray. The door is held in place by a magnetic catch and may be a little tight. Please hold the cabinet while opening the door with the solid brass drop down handle. Should you require a different size or internal arrangement please don’t hesitate to contact us for design and pricing. The cabinet lifts off the legs, which can then fold, for easy transport and installation. Brass handles are set into the side of the cabinet for easy lifting.
Please ensure the Field Wine Cabinet is installed on level ground to ensure that the wine bottles do not slide out of the cabinet when it is opened.
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Lacquer
- Material: Zambezi Teak or African Bloodwood
- The Field Wine Cabinet is beautifully handmade using through dovetail joints to join the box sides, the finest traditional joints available for box construction. Interior partitions are expertly fitted with rigid half lap joints. The front folding door is made with stable panel-in-frame construction.
- The Field Wine Cabinet may be built from one of two fine African hardwoods:
- Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga) formerly known as Rhodesian Teak . Very hard with exceptional colour and grain.
- African Bloodwood (Pterocarpus angolensis) aka Kiaat or Mukwa. A much lighter hardwood than Zambezi Teak , making the Bloodwood Field Bars easier to carry around.
- The solid brass corner blocks and straps are imported from the United Kingdom.
|Field Wine Cabinet||765mm||445mm||500mm||35kg (77lbs)|
|Field Wine Cabinet Bloodwood||765mm||445mm||500mm||21kg (46lbs)|
- The Field Wine Cabinet is wrapped in Air-o-Thene and crated in double thickness cardboard crate. The legs of the Field Wine Cabinet are securely wrapped and strapped in Air-o-Thene.
- Packed Sizes
|Field Wine Cabinet||800mm (32”)||485mm (191/2”)||540mm (22”)|
|Field Wine Cabinet legs||1050mm (42”)||420mm (17”)||75mm (3”)|
Approximate shipping costs Field Wine Cabinet:
|Australia New Zealand||$550.00|
|North, West East Africa||$550.00|
|Southern Africa||Per destination|
Pricing: Price excludes VAT & delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
|United States Dollars||South African Rand|
|$ 760.00||R 10 640|
Due to the stresses and strains that a Field Wine Cabinet can be subject to, we cannot offer a lifetime guarantee on this product. However, we do offer a one-year warranty against defects in construction or material.
Please note that the timber used to hand make an African Touch Field Bar is a natural hardwood that varied in colour and grain, so no two parts of a field bar will look the same nor will two field bars. Natural knots and growth cracks may be present, but these will not affect the integrity of the piece, but rather add to its charm and appearance.
The African Touch will not in any circumstances be liable for any claim which falls outside the scope of our warranty or for any consequential damages whatsoever.