SKU: 54764564edxxx-1-3-1-1*Select an option Made to Order
The Kalahari Chair is a beautifully hand built chair with leather upholstered seats, designed for comfortable, easy sitting. Seat also available in Nguni hide.
Built from sustainably harvested Zambezi Teak (a.k.a. Rhodesian Teak) or African Bloodwood, this chair is most definitely a keeper and will be treasured as a superb heirloom. It will add a touch of African class to your dining room, at your office desk or in the boardroom of the mightiest multi-national corporation.
Nguni cattle, considered to have the most beautiful hide in the bovine world, were bought to Zimbabwe by the Ndebele people. They play a central role in the culture of the people and each regiment in the Ndebele army had its own particular colour pattern, much as in the armies of their Zulu forebears.
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Oil or Lacquer,
- Covering: Leather or Nguni Hide
- Material: Zambezi Teak or African Bloodwood
Sizes & weights:
|African Bloodwood||900mm (36”)||480mm (19”)||7kg (16lbs)|
|Zambezi Teak||900mm (36”)||480mm (19”)||11kg (24lbs)|
- The components of the Kalahari Chair are carefully hand carved by our best artisans. Each person builds a chair over two days from individual blank parts supplied by the machine shop at The African Touch, carefully cutting the mortice and tenon joints to exact fit and hand shaping each piece to guarantee a superb hand built masterpiece.
- Your Kalahari Chair will be carefully packed in a double walled cardboard crate, 2 to a crate, padded with air-o-thene foam.
- Packed Sizes:
|1000mm (40”)||520mm (21”)||660 (26.5”)||24kg (52lbs)|
Approximate shipping costs:
|Australia New Zealand||$300.00|
|North, West East Africa||$300.00|
|Southern Africa||Per destination|
- Ordering and delivery: White glove delivery can be arranged in South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe. As each table we make is carefully handcrafted and hand finished to order, please allow four weeks for manufacture, and two to four weeks for delivery from the time of order.
- Pricing: Price excludes delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
We cannot offer a warrantee on chairs except for defects in material and workmanship that affect the integrity of the chair under normal use and weight limits. The reason for this is that chairs can be subject to huge stresses (such as when a heavy person rocks back on the back legs) that are impossible to compensate for in the construction of the chair without compromising on the design appeal.
We build with timber harvested from natural forests. The charm of this material is that no two pieces are exactly the same in colour, character or grain, and they will contain natural imperfections such as knots, stress cracks and so on that enhance their authenticity and attractiveness. As a result no 2 pieces will ever be identical and products may have natural imperfections. However, these will never be allowed to compromise the quality of construction of your piece.
The African Touch will not in any circumstances be liable for any claim which falls outside the scope of our warranty or for any consequential damages whatsoever.
|Tonga Chair||Kariba Chair||Chobe Chair||Kalahari Chair||High Back|
|Weight||13.5kg (30lbs)||4.5kg (10lbs)||4.5 (10lbs)||7kg (16lbs)||10kg (22lbs)|
|Upholstered seat option||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Suitable for commercial use||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Weight limit||140kg (300lb)||120kg (260lb)||100kg (220lb)||120kg (260lb)||140kg (300lb)|