Kruger Directors Chair
SKU: 54764564edxxx-1-1-1-2*Select an option Made to Order
The African Touch Kruger folding Director’s Chair is an upmarket and unique version of the classic Director’s Chair traditionally used on film sets and African safaris! The beautifully hand turned components are measured by the expert eye of our master craftsmen. Solid brass hinges compliment the hand worked Zambezi Teak. The result is utility chair of rare beauty and elegance. The Kruger retains the comfort of our other Chairs, and is built with brass fittings and genuine antique bovine leather covers. High quality Auto seat material covers are also available.
For more information on this chair please see the Description tab below.
We wanted a very upmarket Director’s Chair for clients who want to distinguish their properties from those purchasing our other Director’s Chairs. Richard Lowe thought long and hard about this, and decided to build a chair using all turned components in Zambezi Teak. Even the tenon joints are turned on the lathe by hand to exactly fit mortice holes that were pre-drilled into the square stock. The beautifully hand turned components are measured by the expert eye of our master craftsmen. We then commissioned the connecting hinges out of solid polished brass, and decided on an antique genuine leather double quilted seat and back cover. The result is a unique chair that has certainly grabbed the attention of many interior decorators.
The material used.
The Kruger Director’s Chair uses solid brass hinges compliment the hand worked Zambezi Teak. Zambezi teak is a very attractive red-brown timber and exceptionally hard. Our normal finishing coat is a lacquer, but an oil finish is also available.
Seat covers can be either quilted genuine upholstery leather or a high quality Auto seat canvas designed for top of the range SUVs.
Where is the Kruger Director’s Chair used?
Generally the Kruger Director’s Chair is purchased by upmarket Safari Lodges for their dining chairs. They have also been purchased as office chairs and for verandas.
The chair often sells with the Expedition Folding Table
- The Kruger Director’s Chair is constructed using turned tenon joints that fit very accurately into a precision drilled mortice, giving the joint strength and reliability.
- The hinges are solid brass, making them ideal for use in coastal areas while imparting a sense of luxury on the chairs.
Seat covers can be:
- Auto fabric. This is used in the automotive industry and is very similar in texture and feel to cotton canvas. However, it is very hard wearing indeed, colour fast, UV stabilised, unaffected by sweat or spillage and repels water and dirt. An excellent choice of cover available in sand, grey and black.
- Luxurious pure veg tanned double padded bovine leather.
Sizes & weights:
|Zambezi Teak||900mm (36”)||700mm (28”)||8kg (18lbs)|
|African Bloodwood||900mm (36”)||700mm (28”)||4.8kg (10.5lbs)|
Material used: 2 African hardwoods are available.
- Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga) formerly known as Rhodesian Teak . One of the hardest timbers in the world of exceptional beauty and grain.
- African Bloodwood (Pterocarpus angolensis) aka Kiaat or Mukwa. A much lighter hardwood than Zambezi Teak , Bloodwood is a fine hardwood that finishes exceptionally well and has a very rich, mixed grain and colour varying from honey brown to deep red brown.
- The standard finish for our Kruger Director’s chairs is an oil finish, ideal for indoors or outdoors.
- Your Safari Director’s Chairs will be carefully packed in a double walled cardboard crate, 4 to a crate, padded with air-o-thene foam.
- Packed Sizes:
|925mm (37”)||560mm (23”)||800mm (38”)||32kg (70lbs)|
Approximate shipping costs (crate of 4 chairs):
|Australia New Zealand||$550.00|
|North, West East Africa||$550.00|
|Southern Africa||Per destination|
Enquiries and orders: please take a little time to fill out the form on the ‘Contact Us’ page and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Safari Director’s chairs are normally available ex -stock, but please allow a couple of weeks for the covers of your choice to be made up.
- Price excludes delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
- The following discounts apply for large orders:
- More than 10 chairs – 10%.
- More than 30 chairs – 15%
We cannot offer a warrantee on chairs except for defects in material and workmanship that affect the integrity of the chair under normal use and weight limits. The reason for this is that chairs can be subject to huge stresses (such as when a heavy person rocks back on the back legs) that are impossible to compensate for in the construction of the chair without compromising on the design appeal.
The African Touch will not in any circumstances be liable for any claim which falls outside the scope of our warranty or for any consequential damages whatsoever.
|Weight||8kg(18lbs)||10kg (22lbs)||7.3kg (16lbs)||6kg (13lbs)|
|Leather seat option||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Suitable for commercial use||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Weight limit||120kg (260lb)||140kg (300lb)||120kg (260lb)||100kg (220lb)|
|Suitable for outdoor use||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|