Military Officer’s Desk
SKU: 54764564edxxx-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1*Select an option In Stock
The African Touch’s Military Officer’s Desk follows the design tradition of the master cabinetmakers of the 18th and 19th century who were commissioned by Officers in the British Army to build campaign furniture pieces that were not only exquisitely handcrafted but also practical to set up when on the campaign trail.
Our Officer’s Desk is beautifully handmade with world-class joinery perfectly cut to give a signature piece of superb value. We commission the production of all the solid brass fittings with the corner blocks and straps being cast in the United Kingdom and the brass connecting rod being machined to our specs in South Africa. The writing pad is genuine leather supplied by our Bulawayo tanner.
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Lacquer
- Material: Zambezi Teak & African Bloodwood
- The cabinet of Military Officer’s Desk is expertly made using through dovetail and sliding dovetails joints. These are the strongest and most rigid joints for this type of construction. The drawers are similarly constructed.
- The Military Officer’s Desk is constructed of solid African hardwood right through, even for the drawer bases and other hidden parts for which other makers use cheaper man made boards.
- Sizes & weights:
|Zambezi Teak||1300mm (52”)||600mm (24”)||750mm (30”)||115kg (250lbs)|
|African Mahogany||1300mm (52”)||600mm (24”)||750mm (30”)||70kg (150lbs)|
Material used: Two African hardwoods are available:
- Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga) formerly known as Rhodesian Teak . Very hard with exceptional colour and grain.
- African Mahogany
The Military Officer’s Desk is wrapped in Air-o-Thene and crated in double thickness cardboard crate. The legs of the Hemingway are securely wrapped and strapped in Air-o-Thene.
|Cabinet||1325mm (53”)||625mm (25”)||225mm (9”)|
|Legs||mm (”)||mm (”)||mm (”)|
Approximate shipping costs Hemingway Field Bar:
|Australia New Zealand||$550.00|
|North, West East Africa||$550.00|
|Southern Africa||Per destination|
- Pricing: Price excludes VAT & delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
We offer a 15-year warranty on your Military Officer’s Desk for any flaws in construction or material (except natural imperfections such as knots, stress cracks etc.) Miss handling or inappropriate use of the product will invalidate the warranty.
We will supply you with our suggested care and maintenance guidelines to ensure life-long enjoyment of your furniture. However, we cannot be held responsible for repairing / replacing this product if you don’t follow these guidelines.
We build with timber harvested from natural forests. The charm of this material is that no two pieces are exactly the same in colour, character or grain, and they will contain natural imperfections such as knots, stress cracks and so on that enhance their authenticity and attractiveness. As a result, no 2 pieces will ever be identical and products may have natural imperfections. However, these will never be allowed to compromise the quality of construction of your piece.