Mini Field Bar
SKU: N/A*Select an option In Stock
The Mini Field Bar is the little brother of the Hemingway Field Bar. A portable drinks cabinet ideally suited to carrying in your Safari vehicles (it comes with a canvas carry bag as extra if required) for sundowners at the end of the day. Impress your guests with a well-stocked mini field bar in their room! Fittings of solid brass enhance the distinction of this fine piece.
For more information please see ‘Description’ below.
The Mini Field Bar is the smaller version of the Hemingway Field Bar. It is built in the tradition of British Army campaign furniture. A portable drinks cabinet ideally suited to carrying in your Safari vehicles (it comes with a canvas carry bag as extra if required) for sundowners at the end of the day. Impress your guests with a well-stocked mini field bar in their room! Fittings of solid brass enhance the distinction of this fine piece. The door folds down to form a great serving shelf
The mini field pub is constructed from ultra tough and attractive Zambezi Teak. It is held together with hand crafted dovetail joints that provide great strength and rigidity to the cabinet. The solid cast brass corner blocks and straps protect it from knocks and bumps. An alternative for easier use and carriage in Safari vehicles is to build the corner blocks and handles out of genuine bovine harness leather steel riveted to the cabinet.
The top and door are built with a panel within a frame construction. This allows for the movement of solid wood with changes in humidity without warping.
If used out of doors, we recommend an oil finish. For indoor use a lacquer finish is recommended.
Maintaining your Mini Field Bar
Maintaining your Mini Field Bar
If your Field Bar is oiled it receives three applications of Satinwood 28 Base oil prior to delivery. Our outlets carry stock, or you can find it in most hardware shops in South Africa. We recommend you do one application on installation of the furniture. From time to time you will need to re-apply the oil. If the furniture is used outdoors, please do the re-application every 3 months. When in doubt, re-apply when the finish looks faded or dry. The recommended application procedure is as follows:
- Wipe surface down with a clean cotton cloth lightly moistened with mineral turpentine. (Ensure that all surfaces are completely dry and clean before proceeding with the next step)
- Use a clean cotton cloth or soft bristled brush dipped in the oil and apply in light, short strokes, ensuring thorough and even distribution of the oil.
- Leave the oil on the furniture for at least 1 to 2 hours (but not more than 24 hours), to allow absorption into the wood.
- Use a clean cotton cloth and wipe off all excess liquid to leave a natural smooth finish.
- Allow to dry for approximately 24 hours.
If the surface of your furniture becomes a bit grimy over time it can be very effectively cleaned with Deckwash from Timberlife. Apply with a clean cloth. Work in well over the total surface and wipe off all excess liquid.
If a wet glass or similar is left on the surface it may leave a watermark. In this case please wipe the water off as soon as possible, and if necessary apply some more Satinwood 28 base. If the mark is still slightly visible you can rub with a little baking soda mixed with an equal part of water, wipe off with a damp cloth and re-apply the oil.
If your field bar is lacquered we suggest you place it away from direct sunlight. Apply a good furniture wax or polish, initially twice a month, thereafter once a month. Apply sufficient to thinly cover the surface. As it dries (becomes dull) buff with a clean cloth until a beautiful sheen is achieved. Between waxings, keep the finish clean with a soft cloth or duster, and buff without wax.
For orders of 5 or more mini field bars we offer a 10% discount. For large orders including multiple products please contact us for our offer.
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Oil or lacquer
- Material: Zambezi Teak & African Bloodwood
Size and Weight
|Mini Teak||454mm||445mm||410mm||21kg (46lbs)|
|Mini Bloodwood||454mm||445mm||410mm||13kg (29lbs)|
- The box making up the Field Bar is expertly made using through dovetail joints to join the box sides and sliding dovetails to fit the base. These are the strongest joints available for this type of construction. The interior partitions are perfectly fitted using half lap joints to ensure rigidity. The front folding door and top are made with panel-in-frame construction to ensure stability and prevent warping.
- The solid brass corner blocks and straps are imported from the United Kingdom.
*Please note bottle compartments can also be used for glasses. Hemingway Field Bar has 2 compartments for decanters measuring 150mm x 195mm.
|Stand||Carry case||Outdoor suitability||No. bottles*||No. glasses|
|Hemingway||Yes||No||Teak version oil finish||10||14|
|Mini||No||Yes||Teak version oil finish||8||8|