Your oiled Safari Chair receives two applications of The African Touch Furniture Oil prior to delivery. Our outlets carry stock, should you require it. We recommend you re-apply when the finish looks faded or dry. The recommended application procedure is as follows:
- Wipe surface down with a clean cotton cloth lightly moistened with mineral turpentine. (Ensure that all surfaces are completely dry and clean before proceeding with the next step)
- Use a clean cotton cloth or soft bristled brush dipped in the oil and apply in light, short strokes, ensuring thorough and even distribution of the oil.
- Leave the oil on the furniture for at least 1 to 2 hours (but not more than 24 hours), to allow absorption into the wood.
- Use a clean cotton cloth and wipe off all excess liquid to leave a natural smooth finish.
- Allow to dry for approximately 24 hours.
When you make your enquiry we will discuss delivery options with you.
Camps and lodges:
For camps and lodges in Southern Africa we can quote on delivery
with our transport or you may arrange collection.
For East Africa and beyond it is often more convenient for us to
quote containerised freight for large orders and air freight to nearest
airport for smaller orders.
Certain knock down products can be delivered by courier direct to you.
Slightly cheaper is to organise air freight to your nearest airport.
For large orders we can quote containerised delivery by sea.
Smaller orders in Southern Africa:
We will quote for delivery by courier or our transport depending on your location.
For orders to Africa, Europe, Australia, and North America we provide a
Certificate of Origin so that duty is not payable in your country of destination.
Orders supplied from stock we request payment in full when the order is placed.
For products made to order we request a 50% deposit on order
with the balance paid on completion.
The chair is very light and compact to ship and suitable for courier delivery.
Prices include shipping to your nearest main port. Should you require shipment ‘Door to Door’ or to an isolated port we may need to update your quote depending on the extra cost. The price excludes fees at the port of entry (customs clearance, tax such as VAT etc).