Your oiled sun lounger bed receives three applications of Satinwood 28 Base oil prior to delivery. Our outlets carry stock, or you can find it in most hardware shops in South Africa. We recommend you do one application on installation of the furniture. From time to time you will need to re-apply the oil. If the furniture is used outdoors, please do the re-application every 3 months. When in doubt, re-apply when the finish looks faded or dry. The recommended application procedure is as follows:
- Wipe surface down with a clean cotton cloth lightly moistened with mineral turpentine. (Ensure that all surfaces are completely dry and clean before proceeding with the next step)
- Use a clean cotton cloth or soft bristled brush dipped in the oil and apply in light, short strokes, ensuring thorough and even distribution of the oil.
- Leave the oil on the furniture for at least 1 to 2 hours (but not more than 24 hours), to allow absorption into the wood.
- Use a clean cotton cloth and wipe off all excess liquid to leave a natural smooth finish.
- Allow to dry for approximately 24 hours.
If the surface of your furniture becomes a bit grimy over time it can be very effectively cleaned with Deckwash from Timberlife. Apply with a clean cloth. Work in well over the total surface and wipe off all excess liquid.
When you make your enquiry we will discuss delivery options with you.
Camps and lodges:
For camps and lodges in Southern Africa we can quote on delivery
with our transport or you may arrange collection.
For East Africa and beyond it is often more convenient for us to
quote containerised freight for large orders and air freight to nearest
airport for smaller orders.
Certain knock down products can be delivered by courier direct to you.
Slightly cheaper is to organise air freight to your nearest airport.
For large orders we can quote containerised delivery by sea.
Smaller orders in Southern Africa:
We will quote for delivery by courier or our transport depending on your location.
For orders to Africa, Europe, Australia, and North America we provide a
Certificate of Origin so that duty is not payable in your country of destination.
Orders supplied from stock we request payment in full when the order is placed.
For products made to order we request a 50% deposit on order
with the balance paid on completion.