Wrought Iron Sun Lounger
R5,320.00Made to Order
The African Touch wrought iron sun lounger is an ideal combination of practical design with a pleasing finish. The steel frame is extremely strong and will never fail, while the deep grain and rich colours of the teak timber bed give it an opulence you won’t find in other sun beds! The wheels run on roller bearings making the lounger very easy to manoeuvre over rough terrain to catch the best rays!
The African Touch wrought iron sun lounger is an ideal combination of practical design with a pleasing finish. The steel frame is extremely strong and will never fail, while the deep grain and rich colours of the teak timber bed give it an opulence you won’t find in other sun beds! The wheels run on roller bearings making the lounger very easy to manoeuvre over rough terrain to catch the best rays! The only 4×4 sunbed on the market!
The frame is made from two and a half millimetre thick steel box section, carefully welded together, to give the strength of the whole product. It is then painted with a deep etch metal primer, followed by a coat of black steel paint. The sun lounger bed itself is made from the very best Zambezi teak heartwood machined exactly to size and secured with self tapping steel screws for strength. The teak is then finished with a furniture oil ideal for outdoor use, Timberlife Satinwood 28 Base. We recommend that the oil is reapplied to your sun lounger at least every three months for maximum protection.
Another excellent product for relaxing by a pool or on a patio is the Safari Easy Chair
Maintaining your timber bed
Maintaining your timber bed
Your oiled sun lounger bed receives three applications of Satinwood 28 Base oil prior to delivery. Our outlets carry stock, or you can find it in most hardware shops in South Africa. We recommend you do one application on installation of the furniture. From time to time you will need to re-apply the oil. If the furniture is used outdoors, please do the re-application every 3 months. When in doubt, re-apply when the finish looks faded or dry. The recommended application procedure is as follows:
- Wipe surface down with a clean cotton cloth lightly moistened with mineral turpentine. (Ensure that all surfaces are completely dry and clean before proceeding with the next step)
- Use a clean cotton cloth or soft bristled brush dipped in the oil and apply in light, short strokes, ensuring thorough and even distribution of the oil.
- Leave the oil on the furniture for at least 1 to 2 hours (but not more than 24 hours), to allow absorption into the wood.
- Use a clean cotton cloth and wipe off all excess liquid to leave a natural smooth finish.
- Allow to dry for approximately 24 hours.
If the surface of your furniture becomes a bit grimy over time it can be very effectively cleaned with Deckwash from Timberlife. Apply with a clean cloth. Work in well over the total surface and wipe off all excess liquid.
For orders of 5 or more sun beds we offer a 10% discount. For large orders including multiple products please contact us for our offer.
- Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga) formerly known as Rhodesian Teak. One of the hardest timbers in the world of exceptional beauty and grain, Zambezi Teak grows on the deep, ancient sands of the Kalahari.
Sizes & weights:
|300mm (12”)||660mm (26”)||2100mm (84”)||42kg (92lbs)|