SKU: 54764564edxxx-1-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1*Select an option Made to Order
The Mkushi hardwood bed is our standard version of the Mosi-oa-Tunya four poster bed. It boasts the same beautiful high headboard that emphasised the splendid timber from which it is built – Zambezi Teak .
Single or three quarter beds can be built in pairs so they fit perfectly seamlessly for hotel or lodge rooms to form one kingsize bed from twin singles. The Mkushi bed goes very well with our bedside tables, particularly the beautiful Campaign bedside table. They also compliment an African Touch chest of drawers or trunk.
The Mkushi teak bed is our standard version of the Mosi-oa-Tunya four poster bed. It boasts the same beautiful high headboard that emphasised the splendid timber from which it is built – Zambezi Teak. This timber, formerly known as Rhodesian Teak, is very hard and dense, with a splendid colour and grain. It is only in recent years that we learned to work with it because of this extreme density. Our cutting tools have tungsten carbide tips that are sharpened on diamond wheals several times a day. The timber is seasoned for up to five months in our kilns to ensure it is at just the right moisture content to make beautiful, stable teak beds.
The beds are constructed with specially imported Danish bed connectors so that the side rails can be separated from the headboard and footboard for ease of transport and installation. The bed slats roll up into a neat bundle. This is the only part of the teak bed not made from Zambezi teak. Here we use Eucalyptus hardwood because it has a much longer grain and will not crack under pressure when the bed is used, which teak, because it is so hard and brittle, can be prone to.
Single or three quarter teak beds can be built in pairs so they fit perfectly seamlessly for hotel or lodge rooms to form one kingsize bed from twin singles. The Mkushi bed goes very well with our bedside tables, particularly the beautiful Campaign bedside table. They also compliment an African Touch Campaign Chest or Trunk.
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Lacquer
- Sizes: Single, Twin, Twin Long, 3/4, Double, Queen, King and California*
- Material: Zambezi Teak
|· Bed type.||American.||European / Africa||Weight|
|Width. mm||Length. mm||Width. mm||Length. mm|
|Single.||930 (36”)||1920 (75”)||99kg (28lbs)|
|Twin.||980 (38”)||1920 (75”)|
|Twin Long||980 (38”)||2040 (80”)|
|3/4||1090 (42”)||1920 (75”)||115kg (250lbs)|
|Double.||1390 (54”)||1920 (75”)||1390 (54”)||1920 (75”)||134kg (295lbs)|
|Queen.||1540 (60”)||2040 (80”)||1540 (60”)||1920 (75”)||150kg (330lbs)|
|King.||1950 (76”)||2040 (80”)||1850 (72”)||1920 (75”)||162kg (356lbs)|
|California*||1850 (72”)||2140 (84”)|
* = California King Size.
- The Mkushi bed is constructed from that finest of hardwoods – Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga, aka Rhodesian teak). Zambezi Teak is a very dense African hardwood possessed of extraordinary rich golden brown colour and beautifully figured grain, making it one of the most valuable timbers in the world.
- Your Mkushi bed will be carefully packed with air-o-thene foam protected by double walled cardboard
Approximate shipping costs:
|Australia New Zealand||$700.00|
|North, West East Africa||$700.00|
- Ordering and delivery: White glove delivery can be arranged in South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe. As each table we make is carefully handcrafted and hand finished to order, please allow four weeks for manufacture, and two to four weeks for delivery from the time of order.
- Ordering wood samples: Should you wish to receive a sample of the wood we use this can be shipped for a fee of USD 20 (R 250), refundable if you purchase a table from us.
- Pricing: Price excludes delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
|Bed size||United States Dollars||South African Rand|
|King||$ 1 200||R 16 800|
|Queen||$ 995||R 13 930|
|Double||$ 950||R 13 300|
|Three quarter||$ 800||R 11 200|
|Single||$ 700||R 9 800|
- Unpack the components from the packaging material. Locate the box containing the bed fittings.
- Screw the threaded bolts into the embedded nuts on each bed post (1 to each post).
- Match up the rails to their position on the bed posts by comparing the stamped letters on the end of the rail with that on the bed post.
- Hold headboard and footboard vertically and slide side rails onto the threaded bolt.
- Secure in place with half-moon washer and nut.
- A drawing will be supplied with the order to demonstrate the assembly process.
We offer a 15-year warranty on your Mkushi bed for any flaws in construction or material (except natural imperfections such as knots, stress cracks etc.) Miss handling or inappropriate use of the product will invalidate the warranty.
We will supply you with our suggested care and maintenance guidelines to ensure life-long enjoyment of your furniture. However, we cannot be held responsible for repairing / replacing this product if you don’t follow these guidelines.
We build with timber harvested from natural forests. The charm of this material is that no two pieces are exactly the same in colour, character or grain, and they will contain natural imperfections such as knots, stress cracks and so on that enhance their authenticity and attractiveness. As a result no 2 pieces will ever be identical and products may have natural imperfections. However, these will never be allowed to compromise the quality of construction of your piece.
The African Touch will not in any circumstances be liable for any claim which falls outside the scope of our warranty or for any consequential damages whatsoever.