Safari Easy Chair
SKU: 54764564edxxx-1-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2*Select an option In Stock
The Safari Easy Chair is Richard Lowe’s interpretation of a chair originally designed by renowned Danish Designer, Hans J. Wegner, but with significant differences in the generous proportions of the timber used and the unique seat and back material. The elegantly curved form of this safari chair with angled backrest provides perfect comfort. The rawhide leather straps were traditionally used by the trekkers of yesteryear to make ropes and lash components of wagons and implements together. As the rawhide dries it shrinks and imparts great strength and rigidity to the chair.
The Safari Easy Chair is exquisitely built from an exceptionally fine and durable timber – Zambezi Teak, formerly known as Rhodesian Teak.
An option using Marine Sail Rope for the seat and back is also available.
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Lacquer
- Material: Zambezi Teak
The Safari Easy Chair constructed using oversized mortice and tenon joints to ensure generations of use. The back rest is securely fitted in place with half lap joints screwed and glued in place to make a very strong connection.
Sizes & weights:
- Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga) formerly known as Rhodesian Teak . One of the hardest timbers in the world of exceptional beauty and grain, Zambezi grows on the deep, ancient sands of the Kalahari.
- The standard finish for our Safari Easy Chair is an oil finish, ideal for both indoor and outdoor environments.
- A lacquer finish is available for a more refined indoor look.
- Your Safari Easy Chairs are shipped carefully packed in a double walled cardboard crate, 1 to a crate, padded with air-o-thene foam.
- Packed Sizes:
Enquiries and orders: Safari Director’s chairs are normally available ex -stock, but please allow a couple of weeks for the covers of your choice to be made up.
- Price excludes delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
- The following discounts apply for large orders:
- More than 4 chairs – 10%.
- More than 10 chairs – 15%
|United States Dollars||South African Rand|
|Leather Woven Strap||$ 425.00||R 5 950.00|
|Marine Sail Rope||$ 385.00||R 5 390.00|
We offer a 15 year warranty on your Safari Easy Chairs for any flaws in construction or material (except natural imperfections such as knots, stress cracks etc.) Miss handling or inappropriate use of the product will invalidate the warranty.
We will supply you with our suggested care and maintenance guidelines to ensure life-long enjoyment of your furniture. However, we cannot be held responsible for repairing / replacing this product if you don’t follow these guidelines.
We build with timber harvested from natural forests. The charm of this material is that no two pieces are exactly the same in colour, character or grain, and they will contain natural imperfections such as knots, stress cracks and so on that enhance their authenticity and attractiveness. As a result, no 2 pieces will ever be identical, and products may have natural imperfections. However, these will never be allowed to compromise the quality of construction of your piece.
The African Touch will not in any circumstances be liable for any claim which falls outside the scope of our warranty or for any consequential damages whatsoever.