Safari Easy Chair
SKU: 54764564edxxx-1-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2*Select an option In Stock
The Safari Easy Chair is Richard Lowe’s interpretation of a chair originally designed by renowned Danish Designer, Hans J. Wegner, but with significant differences in the generous proportions of the timber used and the unique seat and back material. The elegantly curved form of this safari chair with angled backrest provides perfect comfort. The rawhide leather straps were traditionally used by the trekkers of yesteryear to make ropes and lash components of wagons and implements together. As the rawhide dries it shrinks and imparts great strength and rigidity to the chair.
The Safari Easy Chair is exquisitely built from an exceptionally fine and durable timber – Zambezi Teak, formerly known as Rhodesian Teak.
An option using Marine Sail Rope for the seat and back is also available.
- Origin: Zimbabwe
- Finishes: Lacquer
- Material: Zambezi Teak
The Safari Easy Chair constructed using oversized mortice and tenon joints to ensure generations of use. The back rest is securely fitted in place with half lap joints screwed and glued in place to make a very strong connection.
Sizes & weights:
- Zambezi Teak (Baikiaea plurijuga) formerly known as Rhodesian Teak . One of the hardest timbers in the world of exceptional beauty and grain, Zambezi grows on the deep, ancient sands of the Kalahari.
- The standard finish for our Safari Easy Chair is an oil finish, ideal for both indoor and outdoor environments.
- A lacquer finish is available for a more refined indoor look.
- Your Safari Easy Chairs are shipped carefully packed in a double walled cardboard crate, 1 to a crate, padded with air-o-thene foam.
- Packed Sizes:
Enquiries and orders: Safari Director’s chairs are normally available ex -stock, but please allow a couple of weeks for the covers of your choice to be made up.
- Price excludes delivery / freight charges quoted separately.
- The following discounts apply for large orders:
- More than 4 chairs – 10%.
- More than 10 chairs – 15%
|United States Dollars||South African Rand|
|Leather Woven Strap||$ 425.00||R 5 950.00|
|Marine Sail Rope||$ 385.00||R 5 390.00|